Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT GARAGE SALES

1. I love to find treasures to decorate our home. There are so many things I find at garage sales that I have never even seen before. I like to fill our home with meaningful items.

2. I love finding items that can be completely transformed with just a bit of paint! (even chalkboard paint)

3. I love to find wonderful, quality toys and clothes for my girls!

4. I love a fun day out, shopping with friends, meeting new people and snacking on sweet treats. The best garage sales have lemonade and cookies. I ALWAYS buy treats from the kiddos!

5. I love finding things I had when I was growing up or things my grandparents once had.

  "make your home interesting and not perfect" 
Emily Hendersen of HGTV, Secrets of a Stylist.

3 comments:

  1. I love the thrill of the hunt - never knowing what is around the next corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! I absolutely love garage sales! My season is just starting and I can't wait to see what treasures are in store!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love #5; I found a penquin ice bucket that my mom always used to keep rolls warm...and didn't want to pay $8 for it. Well, it was gone when I changed my mind. Lesson learned and now I'm on the hunt for one!

    Jill @ JunkyVagabond

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...